When I don't know what to make for Kayla and I'm feeling especially lazy, I turn to my trusted (and quick) recipes that I know she likes. Enter: Baked cheesy beef spirals with lots of cheese. I love cheese. Apparently so does Kayla.
When I started cooking for Kayla, I went on a rampage and searched all of my favorite online recipe sites. My objective: yummy, healthy meals that takes 20mins or less to prep and total cooking time of under 1hr. You'd be surprised how many recipes you'd find and not have to slave over a hot stove for hours. I like to do all the cooking ahead of time, get it over with and then spend the rest of my time playing with Kayla.
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 pounds ground beef (I usually just use 1lbs)
- 2 small onions, chopped (not a huge fan on onions so I use one small onion)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (4.5 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained (I use fresh mushrooms)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 pound process American cheese, cubed
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the beef, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and mushrooms; bring to a b oil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place 1/2 cup of meat sauce in a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Drain pasta; place half over sauce. Top with half of the remaining meat sauce; spread with sour cream. Top with American cheese and remaining pasta and meat sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes. Uncover, bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly.