I decided to chronicle Kayla's development because she's growing so fast and she's so freaking hilarious. I should have done this long ago so going forward, these monthly updates will be all about Kayla, how she's growing, what she's up to and how she's making us laugh.
- Age: 2 years old
- Height: I don't know; mommy and daddy haven't taken me for my 2yr check up yet!
- Weight: I think around 25lbs last time daddy weighed me on Pappa's scale (note to Daddy: take me to the doctor for my check-up please!)
Developmental Milestones I've hit/working on:
- I'm wearing pull-ups now
- Potty training. I can pee in the toilet but I don't like pooping in the toilet. Mommy and daddy try and bribe me with big stickers to go poop in the toilet but I'm on to them. Sometimes I won't tell them I'm pooping in my pull-up
- I can do thumbs up. Mommy is trying to teach me to say "ayyyyy!" when I do it. I don't know why she's making that funny noise
- One of my molars is coming out now. Mommy says it's coming out of the gum. I don't know why she's saying that because she hasn't given me any gum at all. But my mouth hurts sometimes
- I can say a lot of words, speak in sentences of 8+ words and I talk to people. Sometimes I don't think they understand what I'm saying because they look at me funny and say the wrong things
- I can dress myself and put on my own shoes (but sometimes I need help)
- I can wash myself but not my back or my bum because I can't reach that far
What I'm doing now:
- Trying to see what I can get away with. The crying and tantrums don't seem to work because they still take away my toys if I am not behaving well. Hmph.
- Learning to play with daddy's new toy (iPad). I really like the cat game. It talks back and I can feed it milk
- Trying to go to bed later. I cry for daddy or tell mommy it's not bedtime yet but they don't seem to listen to me
- I can sing songs and make up my own. Right now I like singing the "NaNa" song. Let me sing it for you: nananananananananananana nanananananananananana nananananananananana
- Helping Marian take care of the other kids at my daycare. Sometimes they cry and I will help her hush them. If Marian is sick, I will take care of her and put blankets on her
- Trying to get the other kids to stay up with me during nap time. I try and talk to them but all they want to do is sleep. Marian says that I shouldn't do that
- Sticking up for myself, especially when other kids try and take my stuff. Marian, mommy and daddy says that I should share and then they take it from me and give it to the other person. I don't like that so I will cry and mommy says that we should take turns but then the other person won't give it back. What's up with that?
- Helping mommy and daddy be better drivers. I like saying "come on, dude!", "slow down!", "go dude!". Mommy says I'm a good backseat driver. I don't know what that means but I'm so proud of myself!
My favorite things right now:
- The word "No"
- My favorite color is purple
- I like pushing the second button to gogogo (our house alarm)
- I love Elmo but sometimes he gets a time-out when he's bad
- I have two babies. They cry a lot so I put them in the shopping cart and go shopping with my cash-money
- Tomatoes. I love tomatoes
- Going to Grandma and Pappa's house. They have a big tomato garden and they let me eat as many tomatoes as I want but mommy and daddy don't like that
- The cool new vest that Grandma and Pappa bought for me when they were on vacation. Don't I look pretty?
- Make-ups. I try and use mommy's make-ups but she won't let me. She says it's "too expensive". I don't know what that means
- Bob the Builder song
- My purple gloves
- My yellow rain jacket and boots. Mommy says that I should only wear them when it rains but I want to wear them all the time
- Eating off of Japo's plate