i guess i'm fashionably late to the party but welcome to my humble corner of the blogosphere; a place where i fulfill my weird, incessant need to ramble on about whatever is rattling on inside my head. some info about me and this blog:
- i'm a 30-something wanna be full-time blogger but my job gets in the way of that. i have a 4 year old daughter and married to the love of my life since 2004. i'm an IT consultant which means i'm a geek at heart; new shiney gadgets totally give me a geek boner and will put a smile on my face any day.
- this blog is about a mish-mash of everything and anything: product reviews, makeup, my current obsessions, gadget bonerisms, hilarious stories at my expense, how much i sometimes want to punch work in the face, my period which tends to anger me and generates a fair amount of cursing and crappy/angry illustrations , my adorable 4 year old daughter and general goings-on.
- i (re)named my blog "vodka and soda" after a weekend away with some fellow bloggers in vegas. needless to say, this is my favorite drink and the monday after those blurry 4 days, i opened my eyes and thought: what an awesome name for a blog! and "vodka and soda" was born.
- i tend to write what ever is in my head which means 1) there's no filter and 2) because of no filter, there's likely going to be some swearing involved... especially on days when my period decides to show up (see second point).
- i'm an action movie junkie - anything with guns, bombs, car chases, covert ops, awesome kung-fu and john mcclane get my panties all bunched up. die hard is my favorite. there's a guy at work who doesn't even know what die hard is about and for real, i can't relate to him. true story.
- i'm a sucker for pretty packaging which makes it easy to convince me to buy whatever it is you're selling. good for you but not good for my wallet. or my husband who will give me The Look.
- my sense of humour is pretty out there so i'll laugh at anything that has to do with vaginas, poop, farts and funny stories of people falling down
- i've been on a health kick since early january so you'll likely see tweets or posts from me cursing Jillian Michaels, bitching about how much i hate my rabbit-food diet or ecstatic that i finished a workout without needing to be resuscitated.
feel free to look around, leave me comments or stalk me. i'm available for stalking via twitter, google reader, bloglovin', pinterest or email (see right nav bar for stalking methods). just don't demand any money from me because i've spent it all on gadgets, makeup and beauty products. now, why not leave me a comment with your blog so i can return the stalking favour?