it's official - my last day of work is june 15 which is less than 4 weeks away. can someone please give me a frigging high-five because you have no idea how excited i am! this picture pretty much sums up what i hope to do for the majority of my time off - relax and enjoy it because come september 15, i'll be back in the office (again).
i previously posted about my time off and while i hope to relax as much as possible, i also have some things lined up to keep me busy. some are things that i've put off because i was too lazy or never had the time; other things are just to avoid getting bored during the day:
- we're finally getting our house painted. for almost 5 years, we've lived in a house that had screaming white walls and with all the nicks and bumps that come when you have a kid running around, it was time. we just got a quote to have the entire house painted so now we're just choosing the colors
- join a gym for 3 months. i haven't stepped foot in a gym since 2002 but i've decided to do this to increase my strength training and get my arm definition back. maybe i'll join a few classes too
- continue my fitness challenge --> jogging is starting to look more appealing....
- finally organize my closet - and this time i MEAN it. i posted about organizing my closet sometime last year and i'm so embarassed to say that i had every intention of doing it, bought the baskets to prove it .... and the baskets are still sitting on my closet floor with the tags still on them. now that i have 3 whole months, i can finally dedicate the many hours it will take to make it right
- plan kayla's 4th birthday party. that's right folks, my monkey is turning 4. i can't believe how grown up she is WAH!
- i'm thinking about taking a course in web design; i'm always up for learning new ways to dress up my blog/new ways to code
- finally update my phone to ice cream sandwich v4.0.4. since my phone is rogue on my network, i don't receive OS updates so i'll have to flash it myself
my latest update with my fitness challenge:
i'm almost at week 3 with insanity and omfg this shit is no motherfucking joke. the warm-ups are still pretty tough but i can tell that my core is getting stronger because in the beginning, i could barely do any of his ab workouts for more than 20secs and now i can do almost all of it (booyah!). i love this picture because i can actually see a glimpse of my abs. i'm not quite there yet and i haven't hit my goal but the fact that i can see them just a little bit makes me so proud of how far i've come. i've been at this for about 5 months now and i'm looking forward to completing this program even though i bitch and whine about it all the time. i've been taking weekly pictures since i started insanity to track my progress. i still haven't stepped on the scale or taken measurements but i think i'm doing something right so i don't think i need to. besides, it's so liberating not to obsess about numbers!
have a great weekend everyone!! what are your plans for the weekend?