in 2003, hubs and i took a trip out west to beautiful vancouver, british columbia. it was my first time there and it was also a special occasion because we had just gotten engaged.
we stayed with some good friends who were toronto transplants; they welcomed us with open arms and took some time off to take us around for the week. we did all the touristy things like bike riding in stanley park, going to kits beach, visiting capilano bridge, taking a day trip to whistler and seattle and hanging out on robson street where there's a starbucks every second store. each night we went out for dinner, hung out with friends and i think we may have gone clubbing in gas town.
we went in the month of september and while the vancouverites may complain a lot about the rain in the city, it was bright and sunny the entire time we were there so we spent a lot of time outdoors taking in the sights, visiting friends and enjoying the city. if you're ever in vancouver, you must go to Daiso - only the best store that's ever been built. imagine a dollar store on steroids with way cooler stuff.
vancouver is a gorgeous city and i could totally see myself living there. if you ever plan a trip out there, here are my favorite things to do:
- go shopping on robson street - love the stores there!
- people watch on robson street. there's a coffee shop at every corner (no joke) so sit back, have some java and watch everyone as they walk by in yoga pants holding a starbucks coffee cup
- there's an amazing cupcake place on robson street (can't remember the name) but they have yummy cupcakes....although if you're lactose intolerant like me, maybe you should skip this or you may wind up shitting out your insides like i did. no bueno.
- biking in stanley park - it's so gorgeous
- visit the aquarium at stanley park - amazing!
- go to kits beach. the real estate is incredible and the beach is nice
- didn't i say go to daiso?
- smoke some bc weed. just kidding. sort of :\
- visit the campus of the university of british columbia... it's so beautiful.
- go to whistler! what a gorgeous place and the drive up in awesome
have a great weekend!! we're off to the thousand islands to go camping until sunday evening (and by camping, i mean staying in an air-conditioned "kottage" on the koa kamp grounds)