i love my phone. i convinced my director to get this phone and he's in love with it too. heck, every person who owns this phone says that it's the best phone they've ever owned. even previous iphone users have said the same thing *gasp! blasphemy!*
the S2 is powerful, fast, has a beautiful display and has access to lots of good, free apps. i love the fact that i have full control (superuser) of my phone so i can do whatever i want to my phone (maybe get a early version of ICS?).
my only pet peeve is the battery - it sucks large. i charge it every day which annoys me but i guess that's the trade off for a having powerful phone. i molest my phone every day and i use it for everything - music, reading, videos and i never leave home without it.
here are some of my favorite android apps:
- zdbox (free) - tracks your mobile data (and you can set alerts if you're close to your cap), task killer, cache cleaner, battery monitor (temperature and capacity), uninstaller
- juice defender (free) - i have to admit, the S2 battery life is major suckage. there are 2 paid versions which allows you to customize where battery is conserved but right now, i'm testing the free version. basically, this monitors your connectivity and your background processes to conserver as much battery as possible.
- camera zoom fx ($4.75)- andoid's version of the hugely popular hipstamatic camera app. i hate paying for apps but google had a 10-day $0.10 app blowout sale and i snagged this badboy for $0.10 on the last day. hellz yeah.
- aldiko (free) - ereader; lets you import existing epub and pdf files; fully customizable with a decent interface
- titanium backup pro ($6.49) - the only app for which i paid full price. i needed this app when i hacked into my phone but (the paid version) allows you to remove or freeze bloatware which can eat your battery and takes up space and do a full backup/restore
- whatsapp (free) - messaging client
- doubleTwist (free) - best media player. plays every media format i've thrown at it
- seesmic (free) - twitter client. slick, easy to use interface.
- pulse (free) - best feed reader
- smart keyboard pro ($2.99) - the stock keyboard sucks ass so i actually went and bought a keyboard!! luckily, they were having a sale so i only paid $0.99. this keyboard is really "smart" because it learns how you type and will predict the words you most often use. you can also calibrate the keyboard to recognize the mistakes you usually make and adjust accordingly. i always used to want to throw my phone down in frustration whenever i hit the wrong key (which was often) but this keyboard has helped reduce my rage.
- app monster (free) - app manager
- tiny flashlight LED (free) - uses your camera's flash as a flashlight. simple and easy to use
- tip me (free) - yes i'm asian and no, i'm not a math whiz. because i can't calculate for shit, i need this app whenever my hubs isn't around to calculate this for me. this app allows you to select tip percentage and calculates based on # of people splitting the bill. simple and easy to use
- ad-free (free) - who says you have to pay to get ad-free apps? simple and easy to configure, ad-free gets rid of all those pesky ads on your free apps. you must be rooted to use this app
what phone do you have?